Sunday, October 05, 2008

I cut - check; I sewed - ummm, no; but I did cut:

Butterick 5101 - the dress in a green/black geometric print (on the right);
- and the pant in a black knit - they look like very comfy pants;
- then I cut Burda 01-2008-116 the wrap top (that everyone has made and loves) in a black knit;
- and I cut V2987 top in an EOS mesh knit - sort of a animal print green/rust colors;
- and I cut McCalls 5138 from a green stripe fabric purchased from a textile outlet in SC very cheap. It washed and dryed great.
- and I cut a skirt in a green/black animal print from New Look pattern that I too lazy to go upstairs and get the pattern# (it has diagional seams). I don't have anything in an animal print except a bag I made last year (I will get a picture later) and decided I should have something in a animal print. The black wrap top will go with this skirt.
- and I will cut today the jacket from V2987 in a dark green ultrasuede. From the pattern reviews that I've read this looks like it will be a bear to make but I bought this fabric last year for it so I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. It wasn't expensive fabric and if it doesn't turn out that's ok. The EOS mesh knit goes with this.

I hate to cut things out. I have to do it on the dining room table and since it is too low it kills my back. So I usually cut out several things at once and get it over with. I still have two other jackets that I would like to get made and a pair of slacks that would be good for fall but I'm going to get these sewn up first - which i'm off to do!

No comments: