Monday, October 06, 2008


This is Burda 09-2007-115. They are finally finished after being cut out many months ago. Thanks to Sigrid for her tutorial on Burdaenglish, I was able to get them together. These are a poly/rayon and lightweight. I really didn't like the fabric that much to start with but now they are finished, I'm fairly happy with them. They were finished last week.


This is Burda 01-2008-116, the famous wrap top. It is made from 96% cotton & 4% lycra and the fabric is probably a little too heavy for a top but since I freeze in my office I thought it would be good. I did some of the same modifications that others did on Pattern Review i.e. making the ties 6" longer and I actually sewed the ties right sides together and turned. It is headed for the laundry today since I kept rolling the chair over the long ties. I made it yesterday.

Also from the same fabric, I finished the pants yesterday from Butterick 5101. There is nothing special about them so I didn't photograph. They are very comfy. I hemmed them to wear with flats to ensure a completely comfy outfit.


This is Butterick 4914, Maggie London design that was finished last week. This is the 2nd time I have made it and it is very easy to make and so comfortable. I lengthened the skirt portion and raised the top for better coverage. I just love this fabric. Here is a side view where the middle section gathers:

So yesterday, the wrap top and knit slacks were finished and the above dress hemmed. I hate hemming knits. Fusing in the steam-a-seam and then twin needle topstitching is just a pain but it sure makes a pretty hem. It was nice to be able to get the dress hemmed while the machine was threaded up with a twin needle after making the wrap top.

Today is the usual house chores and then I hope to a least get a skirt done. Wish me luck. I hope everyone else had a great weekend.

4 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

Seems like you had a great week end sewing. All the garments look great.
I posted a comment on your 22 Sept post, but I received a notice saying it was undelivered. Maybe it was due to your computer problems. Hope this one makes it thru :)

Unknown said...

Your dress looks great. I love it. I think that pattern and some lovely knits are accompanying me to retreat. How's life? g

fabricluver (Susan) said...

Thanks Ann - I just saw your 9/22 post. I am still very new at blogging and really know very little about it. I like the coat pattern too. So far it is going great. I took a break from it to make some "wear now" clothes.

Galen - thanks & you will love that pattern. I hope you have a wonderful retreat filled with good friends, great food and wonderful sewing time.
Life is good, I'm still struggling with the weight but I think I am finally realizing that I can be happy regardless of my size. So - some of the clothes I'm making now are larger and I still feel good and well put together when I'm wearing them. Maybe relaxing some on this issue will help - who knows. I can hope, lol.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Susan .- beautiful clothes that ... you did a good production. Congratulations.

ahhh ... I like going to Ann, my comments on his blog are returned, but are written in his blog. is rare, right ?....

my best wishes and see you soon, Paco