Monday, September 08, 2008


On the left is the completed spring bargello. The center is machine quilted using an invisible thread and the borders are hand quilted. This was the first bargello technique that we did and the easiest since it has staggered seams - no matching.

The right one shows the winter bargello - sort of like a mirror image, with the borders added. Both of these have some of my hand dyed fabric in them. I love the borders on the winter since they are all hand dyed. I really like the variation in the fabric.

Since I had mentioned in my last post that I thought it would be a good idea to use the scraps from whatever project I just finished, as soon as I finished it to make a scrappy quilt (and get rid of those scraps) - that is what I am doing! This is from the winter project and I had quite a bit of the border fabrics and those 3 outside colors just said "Amish" to me. So look for a scrappy Amish quilt coming up soon. It is so much fun to figure these out as I go. No pattern, no templates, nothing - just rotary cutting, sewing and pressing.

Oh - the peach/green baby quilt - I forgot to take a picture. I will do that later. I like how it came out but those colors and fabrics really date it.

It looks like the coat sew-along is back on track and I am really behind. The muslin for the mohair is done but I need to cut the fabric out and baste the silk organza to each piece. Hopefully, that will be first on my list for next weekend. The trench is still on hold for the moment - the excess weight is going away albeit slowly so I will wait until I finish the mohair and see where I am. The mohair is loose enough that it doesn't really matter for it. I think I will love this coat if all goes well with it.

I am stopping by Hancock's tomorrow after work on my way to visit my Mom. I need batting for all these quilts I'm making and more quilting needles and thread. I also need a month long vacation to sew - wonder where I can pick that up? LOL

I can't wait to get back into making things for me to wear. I keep reading the sewing blogs and making lists of what patterns to buy. And no - I didn't make either pair of black pants, but I will sometime.

No comments: