Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's here - can you feel it? Fall! I absolutely love fall and the cooler weather it brings. Our nights are dropping into the 40's and the daytime highs are mid 70's. Just about perfect.


Yikes - too long without posting but not much happening in the way of sewing. After finally recovering from back issues, a week ago last Friday, I had a dental implant. That just wasn't a piece of cake. I still have stitches that will hopefully come out next Tuesday and now I am so lucky to have caught Jack's cold. Yuk - runny nose, congestion, raw throat. But that will pass - soon, I hope.


Today I am going to make myself get back to the coat. Everything is cut out except for the hymo (interfacing) and then it is time to thread trace. I am bribing myself into doing this with the promise that I am going to cut out a dress for me and make it this weekend to wear next week. I NEED something new to wear! It may just end up being a knit top but something will get sewn.


I am also going to test my gauge for a sweater that I want to knit. I ordered yarn from Alpaca Direct earlier this week, Tuesday I think, and I got it yesterday. That was fast and I love it. It is so soft. What I bought was on clearance since this is my first sweater and I am a very new beginner in the knitting world. I did make 3 scarfs last year but that is all I've done. There is no telling what this sweater will look like - all I'm hoping for on it is just learning experience.


My sister knits beautifully and we will be spending a week together in late October. DD who lives in VA is having surgery and we are both going up to help out. DD has a lab and a Newfoundland puppy - he's over 100 lbs now but not yet a year old.



Needless to say he has grown a lot since this picture was taken. We are all looking forward to being together and it will be a perfect time to have DS help me with my knitting. Lord knows I need it and I just hope she has the patience :)

Last quilt pictures

This is the scrappy peach and green baby quilt top - still needs quilting but some (not all) of those scraps are gone from my stash - Yeah! The center was a leader/ender project and the stars are from Miz Bonnie's Quiltville site. I just started at the center and worked my way out with what I had.

Scrappy Amish top - After I finished the winter bargello, I had a lot of blues/purples left over and decided I should stick with the resolve to go ahead and use those scraps up right then and get them out of the quilting stash - so I did. Those colors made me think "Amish" so I pulled some black out of the stash and went from there. It's fun to start at the center and just work with the scraps you have and see where it goes. I have no idea where the black fabric came from but I was happy to use some of it.


The quilting bug came and went so now it's on to sewing. Of course I want to get these quilted so they will be ready to go when needed.


It's a cool foggy morning and I will get my walk in early. It should be a very relaxing weekend. Hope yours is good too and filled with sewing.

2 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

That's where I am now too... My fabric / lining is cut out and I hope to get the interfacing done today and start thread tracing, after a quick stop at the fabric store :)
The quilts look great.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Susan .- I am glad to know of their projects, really. The quilts are incredibly beautiful. greetings from Barcelona and see you soon. Paco