Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sewing/Quilting



I picked up groceries on the way home Friday so Jack wouldn't have to and I cooked yesterday for the week. Turkey chili, honey mustard chicken and scalloped potatoes, mixed veggies. We still have some leftover chicken parmesan & noddles from last week so this week is taken care of. All weight watcher meals so that will be good. Most weeks Jack does the grocery shopping and the majority of the cooking but since he and Duffy are at the lake I thought I would get it done before he gets back today.

Yesterday I worked on the winter bargello and decided there wasn't enough fabric to continue the design so it is getting 4 borders added of some of my hand dyed fabrics. I just love these and hope the end result turns out well. I am going to try and miter the corners - I think there is enough fabric. Picture later today.

The peach and green scrappy baby quilt is almost finished - just have to finish adding one border. I love doing the math on these made up quilts. The center is small squares that have been a leader/ender project forever - when I could remember it which obviously isn't often. It ended up an odd size so the remainder of the quilt was calculated as I went along. I think I am going to like the end result. But I still have peach and green fabrics - I was really hoping to use it all but that isn't happening. I like to keep a baby quilt on hand since it seems like I always can use one for a gift at one time or another. I will post a picture later today also.

I have so many works in progress or unfinished ones that it is bugging me. I really want to finish some of these up. Everytime I finish a quilt I always think it would be a great idea to make a scrappy quilt from the fabrics left - right then. I doubt that will really happen but wouldn't it be great?

I would like to get the binding sewn down on the spring bargello and finish quilting the dining room tablecloth. Those are first on my hand sewing list. Not much to do on either one but they have been waiting patiently for quite some time. Next will be the lap scrappy quilt I posted a few days ago - that one just needs to be hand quilted.

Then on the garment list I have 2 pair of black pants to sew. One is a Burda cut out last year and I'm really needing black slacks so I want to get it done. The other is just black crinkle cotton drawstring to wear around the house. I made 3 pair of these last year and I just love them - great for lounging and being comfy. Then I have some other fall fabrics that I would love sewn too. Time - where does it go? LOL

I will leave you with this optical illusion quilt that I made a few years ago from a Karen Combs class. I absolutely love it - how it changes when you blink or move around the room. It is hanging on the wall behind my desk at the office. I really need to put a fall one up.

1 comment:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Susan .- these quilts are impressive. truly is a world unknown to me. Sometimes, even I do not think for compression as may be adding these small pieces. is very beautiful to behold, really. greetings and see you soon, Paco