Sunday, September 21, 2008

Coat Sew Along progressing

Yesterday was a great day for working on the coat. I have silk organza mounted to all pieces of the mohair except for the collar and facings. It was time consuming but not hard. This was done to keep the mohair from bagging anywhere like the seat or elbows. It's a rather drapy fabric and the SO will help it keep it shape over time.

Today I will attach the hymo (hair canvas) to the front and collar. I am making View B of Vogue 2884. There is not any padstitching on the front itself but there is on the collar. I have read over Paco's directions so many times and I think I understand what needs to be done. I also printed them out along with many of the other posts to the Coat Sew Along Blog and have a notebook that is being complied as we go along. He is so incredibly talented and generous to make this information available to us. Tany translated everything and we all have access to a great tailoring tutorial.

I need to preshrink the tape and then will be doing all of the hand sewing today. If I can get that done then I will feel I have a good start on this coat. I think it is going to be a perfect weight and a coat I will wear a lot.

Picture of messy work table



Jack is doing some major cooking today and I'm staying out of the kitchen. He's going to smoke 2 racks of ribs, chicken breasts, make baked beans, slaw and I'm really not sure what else. The Yankees play their last game in the old stadium tonight at 8pm but pregame activities start at 1pm so he will be a happy guy this afternoon cooking and watching TV. Oh - I should mention we have several cold Coronas waiting to be enjoyed too. I will try to get a picture later today of the kitchen - it will be a disaster! Good thing that Monday is a house cleaning day :)

1 comment:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Susan .- thanks for taking into account my explanations. I hope to help. I am sure that this coat is great. The vintage Vogue pattern is fabulous and very easy to carry. Greetings and see you soon, Paco