Wednesday, July 09, 2008


V8472

As you can see from the close up of the fabric it really is a black background with a white pindot. I don't know why the one pictures shows swirls. The closeup shows the lining attached at the side seam with a swing tack to keep it in place. The top is lined with black Ambience and the skirt with a cotton batiste. Someone had mentioned on their blog of using a serged sting to attach swing tacks and I thought it was a great idea and used it here.

I don't remember when or where I purchased the fabric but I had originally thought to use the back side for the front. Since it reads gray overall, I decided not to since I look better in stronger colors. I really liked this pattern when it came out so all I had to purchase was some red for the jacket and I have the look on the pattern cover. The jacket is lined with white Ambience. After wearing it today and seeing these pictures, I think it is a little large. I could easily take up 1" at the waist and quite a bit more through the hips. I think it will look better more fitted.

I did quite a bit of fitting and am learning more all the time. I took out at least 1/4" front and back horizontally below the neckline and at least 1" on each side of the neck in the back and 1/2" in the front. The jacket probably has 1 3/4" taken out of the front yoke. When I tissue fitt the pattern it seemed almost too small so I added more from the bust down and ended up taking that out plus some. I cut a 16 through the neck and went up to an 18 the rest of the way down. I think I could have used a 16 all the way. I'm so afraid of getting it too small and not being able to wear it - however, this one will get taken up. It was very comfortable to wear.



New fabric purchases from Fabric.com. They had a sale on knit fabrics! Oh, and I have space in my sewing room - so it's ok!

I really should write down what pattern I want to use these for when I order them. The one on the right is for a top, the middle 3 - the top one is for a skirt - I think, the middle black is for several tops, and the bottom one in the middle is for another top. The last two are for dresses and they are my favorites. I love both of those.

The bargello is coming along slowly - maybe something to show this weekend. The trench for the coat sew-along needs sleeves put in and more pictures. There just isn't enough time :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I *almost* bought some of those knits from Fabric.com, but I resisted....and I regret now that I didn't. :)

Can't wait to see what you make!

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Susan .- greetings from Barcelona. You have to excuse my English because I have to use the online translator to communicate with you. I hope that I understand, thank you. Thanks also to add to its list of blogs. It makes you a clothes that I love. I still have not been able to visit your blog carefully, but I like everything you see and how you adapted their clothes to her body, congratulations. Hugs, Paco