Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No Computer = No Blog

My home computer died again for the second time this year. The first time, more memory was added (why can't I have that done too?) and they cleaned up some sort of virus and miscellaneous junk on it. I am interested to see what is done this time and how long it will take.

We have a dish on the house for our internet service and it has been less than satisfactory for the last 3 months. It seems like our service is down more than up. But we have called Verizon and hopefully by the end of this week we will have steady reliable service. Here's hoping anyway.

I didn't do any sewing this weekend - clothes that is. I did finish the bargello and it is ok - I'll post pictures once the computer is back home. I could have done better in choosing the colors but I really wanted to use some fabrics from my stash and not buy any. Also finished the applique on the quilt center that I've been working on. The sewing room is clean, new fabrics put on inventory cards and everything is in its place. Now to find the time. Plus I have to get back to the coats! I have everything for both of them except for the buttons and a buckle for the trench.

I worked outside on the yard this past weekend since I've managed to let it go. The last few years all of the beds have had a heavy layer of mulch put down so they all looked ok - just a few weeds here and there. Well, they looked ok until you started looking :) Anyway, I got a few of those cleaned up and they look much better. Once I get started on these, I really like to keep going because the end result looks so good.

Hopefully, I will have a cleaned up computer by the end of the week and new internet service so I can show you a few more pictures.

No comments: