Sunday, July 20, 2008



The jacket is McCalls 4878 and is made from an eyelet purchased from Metro Textiles last year - it was made last year also. I love this jacket - it is so lightweight and cool. I asked for advice on Stitchers Guild last year on using this material for a jacket and of course received a lot of advice. So as recommended, I used silk organza to underline the jacket and this gives it more weight while still allowing it to be cool and breathable. The fabric really said "skirt" but I wanted it to be a jacket and thanks to the advice given, it worked!

Ok - the pants. Hmm - Vouge 7881. This material is a linen look and very thin - probably too thin for pants and that may be the reason for the folds in the front. But what causes the folds in the back? I need to work on the fit but don't know where to start. I know the ladies at SG will help so I will post there. I think these should also be a little longer. And just to show you I don't wear black all the time:
This is the Burda top I finished a few weeks ago and it definitely looks better with a cami underneath since the fabric is so thin :)


The spring bargello is almost finished, it just needs borders and then I will machine quilt it. Hopefully, I can get it finished before school starts. Jack teaches at our local high school and several years ago he took a wall hanging I had finished to show to some co-workers. The librarians asked if I would make some for them to hang. I keep rotating about 6 different ones but I'm sure they would like something new to hang. I am going to try and make the 4 bargello wall hangings the right size for them. The second lesson was posted yesterday and I'm trying to decide on the colors for the summer version.

Speaking of Jack - here he is with his favorite girl, Sadie












No comments: