Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ahhhh - home; clean house; caught up at work; just caught up reading favorite blogs although not taking time to comment; our two labs in the house totally focused on rawhide bones; cold, windy, rainy outside- I think there may be a prediction of light snow tonight; cats napping - I think I can make it.

It was a very very very busy, stressful few weeks but I think we made it through with flying colors! Our daughter is doing great. Surgery went fine, biospy great and she is recovering nicely. I loved spending the time with her and have more admiration than ever for her being single and taking care of her dogs the way she does. She has a 10 month old Newfie and an 8 year old lab who are both just wonderful. She is the type of "mom" who thinks these pets have to walk and play a lot each day or the world will end LOL

I stayed a little over a week and then she and the dogs came home and stayed with us for another week. Last Saturday I drove her and the dogs back up and then flew home on Sunday. Monday was definately a house cleaning day - it was horrible. Do you guys know how much Newfie drinks and slobbers? Whew! But they are really sweet and worth it on a "GrandMom" basis.

Sewing - no, plans to sew - no. Tomorrow we are planning to go to SC and winterize the camper before freezing temperatures hit. Today, was the first full day we have had to relax and that is exactly what we are doing. I finished "The First Patient" by Michael Plamer and am anticiptating what to start next. Jack did the grocery shopping this morning and we will grill NY Strip steaks for supper along with a baked potato and salad.

At work we are switching to QuickBooks Enterprise and it seems very easy. However. that type of transition is never easy and I know stressful. So I may not be posting often but then again sewing definately reduces stress.

i really appreciate all of you who blog frequently - that definately takes a committment and time. You all inspire me and I thank you because you bless my life, help keep me sane, and help me to realize that sewing does the same for many others.

I love Thanksgiving (it is my birthday season) since I know how very much I have to be thankful for. Life is good and I hope you think so too. There is an email I hope I have kept and will share it with you if I can find it.
Susan

No comments: