Saturday, October 25, 2008

No sewing going on here of any kind. I will be leaving to drive to our daughters early tomorrow morning for her surgery on Tuesday. My sister is traveling with me and I am so glad. I love being with her and it will be very nice to have her along for the 7+ hour drive and also to have her support during the week.

I am taking yarn and hopefully she can coach me on knitting. I ordered enough yarn several months ago for a sweater but I am just learning and it will be so nice to have someone right there to ask questions. Yes, feel free to take pity on her - lol. She is very patient - thank goodness. She is also taking yarn for socks so it will be fun.

I am typing on the new laptop and with a 17" screen - it is sweet. It will be traveling with me. I've never been gone from work at the end of a month before so this will be interesting. I can log in remotely and close October if I have to but the plan is for me to wait and close on Tuesday 11/4. I should be home late on Monday, 11/3. Jack will be driving up that day to stay a week with her. We won't see each other for 2 weeks - that is a long time! We've never been apart for that long before but it will be ok.

Our daughter is having a fibroid tumor removed and they will be cutting through the abdominal wall - so some pretty major recovery time. The main problem is her dogs - one 100# lab and one 100# Newfie puppy. I'm not sure how we are going to handle things after the first two weeks. We have decided to play it by ear and decide what to do as we go along. We have suggested bringing her and her dogs home after the first week but we don't know if the doctor will allow that. Then we also have 2 labs and 3 cats so it could become a 3-ring circus. I don't think she can handle the dogs for at least the first 3 weeks so we'll see. A lot is up in the air at this point and that makes me nervous - I like to know what is happening and when so I can prepare. But there is just no way to do that in this situation.

Today will be spent doing a little cleaning, laundry and packing. Prayers and good wishes would definitely be appreciated. I want to make sure we do things in the best possible way for everyone concerned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I certainly hope your daughter is okay. any chance you can hire a pet sitter after the first two weeks - someone who can come in and help her with the dogs? g