Monday, September 01, 2008





My back is almost back to normal and I've been sewing! Not clothes but quilts - I think the quilting bug has bitten again. But I want to sew clothes too! Just not enough time for it all.
I took on online course for bargello techniques and loved it. The first picture is "summer" with matching seams, it is machine quilted with invisible thread and is already hanging in the library at the high school. The second bargello (fall) has fractured seams and needs to be layered and quilted - I will machine quilt it in the ditch using invisible thread. I am going to add to the "winter" bargello and make it longer. Spring isn't pictured, it is machine and hand quilted and just needs the binding added. I will show it when it is finished. All four of these have some of my hand dyed fabric in them so they are really special to me. They all should also be rotated so the design is horizontal instead of vertical.
The last quilt is my first scrappy quilt using Bonnie's method. I absolutely love it and have already started another one. Plus I have sorted through my scraps and have quite a few new projects planned. It is addictive! This one will be hand quilted and it is lap size - plenty long enough to tuck in under your feet. I have almost finished my current hand quilting project so I need to buy batting and get this one layered and basted. It was so much fun.
Time to get the house cleaned and laundry done. Hopefully I can get back to the sewing room later today.

1 comment:

Donna W said...

You do amazing work. Love to see your creations.
Donna w
Edmonton, AB