Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th to everyone!

I am loving this week off but where have the days gone? It's Friday and I haven't accomplished a lot. It has been a much needed break with nothing scheduled. I started my exercise routine again on July 1 and I am so sore - and so very out of shape. It's been nice walking every morning and chatting with the neighbors who I hardly ever get to see. The days have started out slow and remained that way throughout the days - so different from what I am used to. I think I must be wound pretty tight :) Jack would just roll his eyes at that amazed that I don't realize it.

I did finish the dress except for the handwork and have the jacket cut out but I still need to work on the trench for the coat sew-along and will get that done today. Finally got the lining for it ordered from B Black & Sons yesterday. I still need buttons for both coats and need them soon. The samples I ordered from The Button Drawer haven't come yet and I'm wondering if they forgot to send them.

The email from Fabric.com arrived in my inbox yesterday and I just couldn't resist the knits that were on sale. I had been looking for a nice black for a wrap top and hope what I ordered will be a good weight. I also ordered several prints, 2 for dresses, 2 for tops and 1 for a skirt.

I keep thinking that I won't make any more dresses but they are so comfortable. The problem is the white icky looking legs versus hose in the summer. I like the Jergens tanner since it has a nicer fragrance that many of the others don't have and I use it sometimes. Our office is very casual and it doesn't matter how I dress but I've found that I feel better if I dress in more appropriate office attire. So I either need to buy hose and pumps for the summer or get used to bare legs with a light tanning lotion and sandles. I have to say the latter sounds better to me. I seem to have this ongoing argument with myself all the time and right now neither side is winning - as you can tell :)

I really hope everyone has a long wonderful weekend.

No comments: