Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Long time . . . well, let's see. Over Thanksgiving, I started knitting and it finally clicked. I just fell in love with it! I had made 3 scarfs last year but just couldn't get the rhythm going but over Thanksgiving it started falling into place. I finished our daughter a scarf out of off-white baby alpaca and it is so soft - and she loves it. I finished it in the car on the way to her house where we spent Christmas.

Then . . . (Project 1) I decided it was time for a sweater so I started a drop shoulder raglan for me. I wanted something simple to wear with jeans just to see how it all goes together. The back on that is done and just a few inches on the front.

Then . . .(Project 2)in November our local yarn shop had a class on a vest. I decided what perfect timing and that it should be a great first garment. It was good timing and it is a good first garment. I think it is a little big but I do like it and it is finished and wearable (which I think is pretty good for a first garment).

Then . . . (Project 3) in January DH says he wants a sweater also. I choose the Cobblestone Pullover, downloaded the pattern, purchased the yarn from Yummi Yarns (our local yarn shop) and thought - hmm, his birthday is in Feburary, wouldn't it be nice if . . . yeah right! His birthday isn't until the 23rd but I'm not that fast. I have only about 1" to go on the body until it seperates and then I need to start on the sleeves. DPN will be a first and looks like it will be quite hilarious. My sister gave me some basic instructions but I will be at the yarn shop a lot for help. I love the yarn and the pattern. I hope it will all work.

I will try to get pictures of all the knitting this weekend to post. From what I see online, my are very, very basic and beginner but I will post for my future reference also.

Sewing - absolutely none! DH is astounded - I think he enjoyed having the living room to himself (with the TV full blast)and me upstairs in the sewing room. Everytime I go in there I just look at all the projects and I want to start again but the sweater has kept me away. There is so much I want to do. Now that the days are getting longer, I am walking again and feeling more motivated to do everything all at once.

I have just read sewing blogs that I have missed for months and I'm really motivated. Work is slow, we have laid off 4 people out of 8 so I may have more forced time sooner than I want it. I knew it - that is what the stash is for! LOL

It's good to be back but I don't think I will ever be a great blog poster. I really do appreciate the time everyone puts into theirs - it's good inspiration for all of us.

1 comment:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Susan.- I am glad your back and you have so many projects in mind.

I hope all is well for you.

Paco